Wacek Financial Planning, LLC
Founder and Financial Planner
Ben Wacek is a Minneapolis, MN Fee-Only Financial Planner serving clients locally, and across the world using virtual meeting technology. Wacek Financial Planning, LLC specializes in providing objective financial planning and investment management services using Biblical principals to help clients steward their resources in a meaningful way. Ben Wacek is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
I learned how to manage money responsibly at an early age. Each time I received my weekly allowance my dad helped me to put 10% into an envelope labeled "church," 50% into an envelope labeled "savings," and the remaining 40% was spent on baseball cards and Nerf guns.
These money management disciplines stuck with me through the years and when it came time to choose a major in college, finance seemed like a natural fit. I graduated from Bethel University (St. Paul, MN) in 2006 with a degree in finance and marketing. Before starting Wacek Financial Planning, I worked for two different fee-based financial planning firms in Minnesota, serving more than 100 higher net worth clients. I had a great experience working for each of these firms and I earned my Certified Financial Planner TM designation in 2010. I also served on the board of the local Financial Planning Association chapter for two years. I decided to launch Wacek Financial Planning in 2014 because I wanted to serve clients in any life stage and of any net worth steward their resources in a meaningful way, on a fee only basis.
Also significant to my story is that in 2011-2012 I participated in a ten month full-time training program at my church, which helped me to grow in the areas of Biblical thinking, ministry skills, and Christ-like character. It was in this program where I met my beautiful wife, Bekah! We were married in December of 2012 and now have two daughters, Lena and Harper. Bekah and I are both actively involved in the church where we met, Hope Community Church.
I love working as a financial planner because of the opportunity that I have to make a difference in peoples' lives. If I wasn't a financial planner I think I would have chosen to be either a pastor or a teacher for a similar opportunity to serve others. It is incredibly rewarding for me when I am able to help someone develop a plan that helps them to achieve their goals. Money management can seem complicated, but it really doesn't have to be. A good financial plan uses the same financial principles that my dad taught me nearly 30 years ago. Sure, the percentages have been adjusted, and it's been a few years since I've purchased a Nerf gun, but the principles are the same and they are fairly simple. I'd love to connect to see how I can help you!
Ben Wacek's fiduciary obligation is governed by:
Here at Wacek Financial Planning I help my clients steward their resources in a meaningful way for an affordable price. Below is a quick introduction to my company.
- I am a fee-only, Certified Financial Planner TM. This means that I am a fiduciary, I never get paid commissions, and my clients receive unbiased, objective advice.
- I offer a variety of services, so that no matter what your life stage or net worth, I can help. I do not have minimums.
- I am based in Minneapolis, but I utilize technology to serve clients across the US and around the world.
- The financial plans that I develop with my clients, are based on their goals and values and are easy to understand.
- I desire to help my clients view their financial decisions from an eternal perspective using Biblical principles.
Wacek Financial Planning offers both comprehensive financial planning and investment management services. When working with me, you can count on me to provide the following:
- Organization - I will help bring order to your financial life.
- Education - I will help you better understand your current financial situation and the choices that you have. I will explain these things in a way that you can understand.
- Objectivity - I will provide unbiased financial advice because I get paid only by you. I have a fiduciary duty to make recommendations that are in your best interest.
- Proactivity - I will help you plan for the uncertainties in your financial life and advise you on taking advantage of opportunities that you may have.
- Accountability - I will help you implement and follow through on your financial plan.
- Partnership - I will work with you, not just for you, to achieve your financial goals.
Wacek Financial Planning Video - Ben Wacek
Hi, I'm Ben! Here at Wacek Financial Planning I help my clients steward their resources in a meaningful way for an affordable price. Below is a quick introduction to my company. I am a fee-only, Certified Financial Planner TM. This means that I never get paid commissions and my clients receive unbiased, objective advice. I offer a variety of services, so that no matter what your life stage or net worth, I can help. I do not have minimums. I am based in Minneapolis, but I utilize technology to serve clients across the US and around the world. The financial plans that I develop with my clients, are based on their goals and values and are easy to understand. I desire to help my clients view their financial decisions from an eternal perspective using Biblical principles. Thanks for checking out my website. I hope that you find it to be a helpful resource. - Ben Wacek
Learn Why Fiduciary Matters When Choosing a Financial Advisor:
- Advice from a Biblical Perspective
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Budgeting and Cash Flow Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Student Loan Repayment Strategies
- Christians Seeking Biblical Counsel
- Pastors and other Ministry Workers
- Young Families
- Young Professionals
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Sudden Money Situations
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- In-Person Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- No-Cost Initial Consultation
- Hourly Fee
- Monthly Retainer
- % of Assets Under Management
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Ben Wacek is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Ben Wacek is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Ben Wacek is CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Ben Wacek is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Ben Wacek
- No addresses added yet!