Meyers Wealth Management
After many years working at the institutional level with very large-scale portfolios of bonds and structured securities, David Meyers set up Meyers Wealth Management in order to work with individuals, families and small businesses.
He started at Salomon Brothers in New York in 1993 and spent several years modeling complex structured fixed-income products, particularly focusing on mortgage-backed securities and the prepayment models. Since then, he's had various roles at a hedge fund and two institutional money management firms modeling securities and portfolios and focusing especially on risk management and quantitative measurement of security and portfolio performance.
In 2008, he established Meyers Wealth Management as a state-level Registered Investment Advisory firm in Massachusetts and in 2009, moved to Palo Alto, California.
- BS in Applied Physics from Emory University
- MS in Applied Mathematics from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Certificate in Financial Planning from Boston University's Center for Professional Education.
- Volunteer tax counselor with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance/Tax Counseling for the Elderly (VITA/TCE) program.
- CFP® professional. He's met the experience and education requirements, passed a rigorous, comprehensive two-day exam, abides by a strict code of professional conduct, known as the CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and is subject to strict ongoing ethical and continuing education requirements. For more information about the CFP certification, and about financial planning in general, please visit http://www.cfp.net.
- Subject Matter Expert for Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board), contributing to the development of examination questions for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- NAPFA-registered fee-only advisor. The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors. To become a member, a financial advisor must meet NAPFA's strict definition of Fee-Only, is prohibited from being employed by, having ownership in, or having certain relationships to financial services firms which receive transaction-based compensation.
David Meyers's fiduciary obligation is governed by:
We work for you! Meyers Wealth Management provides financial peace of mind. We can help you overcome anxiety, and eliminate the uncertainty related to your financial world.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning Services
- Quick-Start / On-the-Spot Finance / Projects
- Portfolio Management
Meyers Wealth Management works on a strictly fee-only basis, meaning we get no commissions or financial incentives from any financial service provider. You can rest assured that when we make recommendations for specific products or services, we do so because we believe it to be in your best interest. Period.
Learn Why Fiduciary Matters When Choosing a Financial Advisor:
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Business Planning
- Estate Services
- Education Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Young Families
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Medical Professionals
- Sudden Money Situations
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- No-Cost Initial Consultation
- Hourly Fee
- Monthly Retainer
- % of Assets Under Management
Professional Designations & Affiliations
David Meyers is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
David Meyers is CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
David Meyers is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Contact David Meyers
111 First St
Los Altos, CA 94022