Principal & Senior Adviser
Scott has a BS in Consumer and Family Economics with a concentration in Financial Planning from the University of Missouri at Columbia. After obtaining his bachelor’s degree Scott worked briefly with a large Broker Dealer firm as an Investment Representative. Disheartened by sales mentality of the industry he decided to leave financial planning. For the next 18 years, Scott held multiple management positions in the car rental industry. In the back of Scott’s mind, he always wanted to go back to financial planning. After discovering Fee Only Financial planning when doing an internet search Scott decided to investigate this further. Scott was lucky to find an opportunity with Bert Whitehead and his team at Cambridge Connection, Inc. in Michigan where he learned the value proposition of Fee-Only Financial planning.
Scott is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner. Scott believes that finances should function within each client’s unique situation and does not believe you can give all clients the same cookie cutter advice.
Scott Smith's fiduciary obligation is governed by:
Olympia Ridge Personal Financial Advisers is a fee-only financial planning firm based in Rochester Hills, MI, serving clients throughout the United States.
How is Olympia Ridge different than most financial advisers?
1. We are Fee Only – This means that we do not accept commission compensation or kickbacks from any party for anything. Our clients compensate us directly for our advice and services using either an easy monthly or quarterly retainer, or if more convenient, on a project basis. No conflicts of interest!! We hold ourselves to the highest fiduciary standard. Period.
2. We are Independent – We are not accountable to recommend any specific insurance or mutual fund company product, nor are we affiliated with any banking institution. This allows us to recommend the best solutions for our clients without being dictated to recommend specific solutions over another
3. Holistic and Comprehensive – We offer help in the following areas:
Financial Goal Setting
Cash Flow Design
Tax planning and forecasting
Risk Analysis / Insurance
Real Estate Analysis
4. We believe in Functional Financial Planning – Functional Financial planning is the practice of ensuring that personal finances function within each client’s lives. What works for one client may not necessarily be the best solution for another client.
Clients, with assistance from Olympia Ridge, develop and execute a financial plan that works into their life and into their goals. Each situation is different and each person or family treats money differently. We work out these details with clients so they can have peace of mind.
Learn Why Fiduciary Matters When Choosing a Financial Advisor:
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Business Planning
- Estate Services
- Education Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Young Families
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Sudden Money Situations
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- No-Cost Initial Consultation
- Hourly Fee
- Monthly Retainer
- % of Assets Under Management
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Scott Smith is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Scott Smith is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Scott Smith is CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Scott Smith
- No addresses added yet!