Next Gen Financial Planning
Founder & Financial Planner
Steven Fox is a fee-only financial advisor in San Diego, CA. Next Gen Financial Planning is a different kind of financial planning firm focused on serving 30-something professionals who care more about designing their ideal life than they do about just growing their portfolios. We are completely fee-only, meaning that we don't receive any kinds of commissions or kickbacks for selling financial products.
Fulfilling a fiduciary role for our clients means that we are committed to always putting YOUR best interests first, rather than selling you complicated investments or insurance policies that you don't understand because we get paid for it.
We are not your father's financial planner!
Advice on investing, taxes, insurance, student loan planning, and every area of your financial life. Schedule a free initial consultation today to find out whether working with Next Gen Financial Planning is the right fit for you.
Steven Fox is the founder of Next Gen Financial Planning, a Registered Investment Advisor in the state of California providing comprehensive fee-only financial planning services for young professionals who want to learn how to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams. Steven is also the founder of the San Diego Financial Advisors Network, an associate member of both the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors and the XY Planning Network, and currently serves on the board of the San Diego chapter of the Financial Planning Association. Pro-bono efforts to give back include serving as Treasurer and Volunteer Coordinator for the non-profit Financial Independence Training, which provides financial education and individual counseling to active-duty military members.
Steven has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service as an Enrolled Agent by passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns. He is also a candidate for CFP® certification, having completed the education and exam requirements.
Prior to starting Next Gen Financial Planning, Steven served over 8 years on active duty in the United States Marine Corps. After separating with an honorable discharge, he attended San Diego State University where he graduated with honors while earning a bachelors degree in financial services, a certificate in personal financial planning, and a minor in entrepreneurship. He has also held positions with several other financial planning firms.
Steven Fox's fiduciary obligation is governed by:
Next Gen Financial Planning is a fee-only financial planning firm in San Diego, California, serving clients locally and also nationwide through virtual meetings. We specialize in helping high-earning professionals in their 20's-40's make better financial decisions, and teach them to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams.
We can help you answer the financial questions that you’ve been wondering about such as:
- What do I want my future to look like, and what role do my financial decisions play as I design my ideal life?
- I just had a baby, should I start saving for their college education? What’s the best way to do it?
- What’s the best way to balance paying down my debt while trying to save for the future?
- Should I refinance or consolidate my student loans? How do special student loan programs like PSLF, PAYE, and ICR work?
- I’m thinking about a major life change like getting married or starting a business. How does that affect my finances?
- It’s open enrollment time at my company and the options are overwhelming. How do I know which selections to make to maximize my employee benefits?
- I want to save for retirement, but how do I know how much I need to contribute or which funds to invest in?
- I haven’t looked at my life, auto, or home insurance policies since buying them several years ago. Do I have the right coverage for me, and am I paying too much?
- Do I need a will, trust, or other estate planning documents?
- I just received a big bonus at work! Should I invest it, pay down my mortgage, or finally take that Caribbean diving trip I’ve been itching for?
Once you realize that every decision is a financial decision, it changes the way that you approach planning for your future. We can help you orient your financial picture to align with your goals and values, and provide insight on how all of the puzzle pieces fit together.
Learn Why Fiduciary Matters When Choosing a Financial Advisor:
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Business Planning
- Student Loans
- Tax Planning
- Young Professionals
- Military and veterans
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- No-Cost Initial Consultation
- Hourly Fee
- Monthly Retainer
- Flat Fee
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Steven Fox is an Enrolled Agent with the IRS (Learn More)
An enrolled agent is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
Steven Fox is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Steven Fox is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Steven Fox is an Associate Member of NAPFA
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Contact Steven Fox
- No addresses added yet!